Soft Wave Therapy
Soft Wave Therapy
What are the Benefits of Soft Wave Therapy?
- Accelerates healing of connective tissue
- Decreases swelling and inflammation
- Restoration in range of motion and decreased pain
- Improved mitochondrial function
- gives a kick to the energy center of the cell allowing for faster healing
- Angiogenesis – increased circulation and vascularization
- Accelerates healing in non-healing fractures in lower extremities
- Helps with wound healing, also has an anat-microbial effect
- Stimulation of your own body’s stem cells, thus increasing your body’s healing response
- Improved sexual health for both men and women (helps with ED for men and incontinence in women)
Schedule a Consultation
What is ESWT Therapy?
It stands for Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy. It’s a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment of soft tissue, bone, joint pain, nerve and many other areas.
What is SWTRT?
It stands for SoftWave Tissue Regeneration Technologies. This is the company that offers the only unfocused true shock wave technology device.
What is SoftWave Therapy?
It is treatment involving technology that applies short, frequent, and high intensity bursts of mechanical energy (in the form of a shock wave) into soft-tissue that is injured, scarred, or contains adhesions, is painful, or inflamed.
Is the Treatment new?
No. It is the standard of care for soft tissue injuries in Europe and has been a non-surgical option in the U.S. for over 20 years.
Is it FDA approved?
It is FDA 510(k) cleared for: Activation of connective tissue, treatment of chronic
diabetic foot ulcers and treatment of acute second-degree burns, Pain reduction and
Improved blood supply.
What is its intended use?
It is FDA 510(k) cleared for: Activation of connective tissue, treatment of chronic diabetic foot ulcers and treatment of acute second-degree burns, Pain reduction and Improved blood supply.
Does it work?
Depending on the treatment type, studies show success rates of up to 99%.
Is SoftWave better than other ESWT devices on the market?
Definitely. The therapy has a wider and deeper therapeutic energy zone than all other devices on the market. This results in greater healing as the energy is spread over a vastly larger and deeper area.
Is it painful?
There may be mild discomfort, but patients typically don’t complain of treatment pain.
Who performs the treatment?
At Waters Edge Medical Clinic our licensed professionals perform the SoftWave TRT.
How long is the treatment?
Typically, 5-15 minutes.
How many treatments are recommended?
Typically, 6-10 treatments spread out throughout the course of 6 weeks.